This fifth blog entry is a reflection of my past work. I have written about racial issues that pertain to the United States. My re-occuring themes seem to be the importance of education for African Americans so we may be able to overcome the influence that slavery has psychologically had over our people. I would say that the nature of my posts has remained the same, but the depth and thoroughness has increased in the past weeks. The reason being that at first I saw writing blogs as a mere annoyance and waste of time. Although after a while I soon found a certain jubilance in writing down my thoughts and researching on racial topics that piqued my interest. The thing that truly suprises me when I re-read work is that I've had the same or similar theme in every blog. The Idea worth re-visiting would be Barack Obama's speech, "A More Perfect Union". Since this was the first topic i blogged about, I feel as if I didn't have any idea on how to blog and did not write an adequate blog. The aspects that I value most in the blogging is the research and in the way I am free to display my thoughts openly.
My strengths are research and critically reading/analysis. The weaknesses I've noticed in myself are in-class essays, and outlines. I have learned greatly in the area of critically reading, in contrast to expository writing. In addition I am a lot more comfortable with technology because of this class, and Howard University. Although I must be honest, when I write I usually do not take a global perspective into consideration. When I write, I try and write about issues that interest me, which are mainly issues that pertain to African Americans.
No comments:
Post a Comment